Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Confession

I always thought I'd be a famous actress. Turns out, I was an awful actress. Along the way I learned how to make jewelry. It all started on the Christmas that I was 18. My older sister gave me a necklace that she made for me as a present. I was mesmerized and immediately thought, "I could make this!" I proceeded to learn. She taught me everything she knew and I was off and running. The crap that I made back then was horrible!

I had a whole "rasta" line and I am a whites as they come, straight lace girl from Oregon. I didn't even like reggae music, but I liked the colors. That's what it all came down to in the early days, color. I worked with seed beads out of muffin tins (with the occasional cat-tastrophy). I used thread and a needle and superglue to fix my knots, it was a mess and my fingers were always covered in super glue! I made one necklace after another, I couldn't stop it was an addiction. I even visited the bead store more than once a day. When I think back to all of the things I did back then regarding jewelry, I have to laugh. But I'll save that for another day and another confession...

No comments:

Post a Comment