Monday, April 6, 2009

Confession #9: Talking about jewelry is like dancing about architecture...

That was really a line from a movie called Playing by Heart. The line is talking about love is like dancing about architecture, but you get the idea. There is a certain point beyond which I just don't know what to say. I can talk about how I design and what I like all day, but if you are in aspiring jewelry designer, you gotta find your own way.

I did meet another jewelry designer, but she is what I would call a "jeweler". She makes fine rings that are truly stunning. She does mostly custom work and it is very different from everything I do, but we talk stones and it's nice. I really like her work, if you want to see her site it is: www.evelynH.com. It's nice to check out designers that make something that is nothing like what I make because it causes my mind to bend and shape and come up with new ideas for my own work.

I don't know about you, but I find that I need inspiration. I can't always just sit and start to work. I did see a really great piece that I want to do my version of on an old episode of Ghost Whisperer. It will be very expensive, but I think it will come out nice. I think it's okay to be inspired by another designer's work, out and out copying is actually pretty hard to do, but it's definitely a no-no. Anyway, enough dancing about architecture...

No comments:

Post a Comment